Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Dog-Eared Book Club


My dear friends Holly (Holls Bolls), Scott (Great God Pan), and Sam (the Old Accordion Man), and I have started a book club. I'm putting this out there, because if there is anyone else who is interested in joining virtually (ie through my blog), contact me, and we can set up blog posts and discussions here. Our first book is The Sheltering Sky by Paul Bowles, which we will be finishing up in the next week or so and follow up with J.G. Ballard's Cocaine Nights. I highly recommend starting a book club if you aren't already in one, because the insight you get from your peers is enlightening. Everyone's perspective is exposed in wonderful ways: a different take on the same passage or character says so much about how you interpret text and how you insert yourself into that text. Me? of course I'm always looking for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment