Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Foodness

There are a handful of restaurants in Los Angeles...that have my everlasting approval. These are standbys either in terms of food quality, service, atmosphere/decor, or whether or not they will make me an Evelyn Waugh.


The Pacific Dining Car
A baseball steak almost as big as my head and a cute lobster tail with drawn butter! Waiters dressed to the nines and who KNOW HOW TO BE GOOD WAITERS. There is an art to waiting tables, and the PD's waiters have mastered it. It's open 24/7 (even on Christmas!), half the restaurant is an actual railroad dining car, and they have a great wine cellar. Hoorah!


Kendall's
Wonderful oysters and clams and sea-whatnot. The whole place is beautiful with wood everywhere and great lighting (divine decadence), and the bartenders are the best - friendly and funny. I recommend eating at the bar.



Aroma Restaurant
Despite a hideous mini-mall and deceptively shitty signage, this is a fantastic Italian restaurant. The wine list is great, the food is consistently delicious, and the waiters...art of waiting...etc... Always makes me happy.


Musso and Frank's
The best things on the menu here are the prime rib and the lamb. I happen to be a fan of continental fare, so I actually like a lot of what they offer foodwise. But some people aren't into it. I understand. Fifties food isn't for everyone. However, the atmosphere is amazing, and the bartender will occasionally make me an Evelyn Waugh.

I am fond of food, and food is fond of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment